Physician (Wound Care) Job – Corpus Christi, TXApply Now
Why You'll Love This Job!Are you a Board-Certified Physician that would jump at the chance to be part of a unique and growing company that is at the forefront of a ground-breaking industry? Does the opportunity to be of service to those with distinctive healthcare needs appeal to you? If so, consider joining WoundCentrics' team of trained healthcare professionals who provide high-quality wound care and hyperbaric therapy for patients with complex medical conditions.
As a WoundCentrics Physician, you would travel to various area hospitals and clinics, meeting the daily needs of acute-care patients, including those with chronic or challenging wounds, by providing the best in quality care within a compassionate environment. You would evaluate patient needs, establish a plan of care, and focus on successful patient outcome. In your role as Physician, you also would supervise others, and act as an ambassador by seeking out and building relationships with the surrounding medical community, and establishing new hospital and clinic agreements.
If you have a desire to greatly improve lives and would want to be part of a clinically focused company that is an industry leader in wound care, apply for WoundCentrics' Physician position today!
- Supports a high standard of practice.
- Maintains working understanding of the codes and regulations associated with the classes of hyperbaric chambers used in the hyperbaric and wound care facility.
- Prefer physician has met all requirements for hyperbaric practitioner credentialing, and completes and documents 12 hours of category 1 CME in hyperbaric medicine and wound related topics for each 24 months of hyperbaric practice.
- Works with leadership to establish a planned, systematic approach to process design and performance measurement, analysis, and improvement, including clinical, administrative, cost-of-care issues, and patient outcomes.
- Establishes performance expectations and measurements of same for new, existing and modified hyperbaric and wound care processes.
- Evaluates wound care and hyperbaric care issues, unexpected results or complications, assessment of patient satisfaction, medical/legal issues, and patterns and trends in performance.
- Identifies changes that will lead to improved performance, and works with leadership to reduce the risk of the hyperbaric or wound care patient.
- Encourages and participates in facility orientation and training, and medical and community educational activities.
- Works with leadership to define and communicate mission, values, and plans for company and clinics. With leadership, sets performance goals, improvement priorities, patient care perimeters and methods of measuring same.
- Reviews hyperbaric and wound care patient records on an ongoing basis for completeness and timeliness of information, and takes action as needed to improve the quality and timeliness of documentation that impacts hyperbaric and wound patient care.
- Reviews research protocols for compliance to IRB standards, ensuring rights and welfare of all research subjects, and keeps staff members informed of policies and programs.
- Outreach to surrounding medical community as assigned to identify new facilities for company to service.
- Supervise mid-level practitioners to the extent allowed by law and maintain privileges at the necessary locations.
- Must be licensed to practice in the state.
- Must be board certified.
- Wound care experience preferred.
job number: 21002